Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Hazel Bennett – Assistant Head Teacher
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads: Mrs Mary Brown, Miss Rhiannon Ellis, Mr Martin Gunn
At St Bede’s Primary Catholic Voluntary Academy, we take safeguarding extremely seriously. We work closely with the school family to make ensure that safeguarding is a priority of the school. Recent training includes Female Genital Mutilation, Fabricated and Induced Illness, Domestic Abuse, and Tackling Racism and Promoting Equality. All Designated Safeguarding Leads have the necessary Level 3 Core Safeguarding Training.
All new members of staff receive safeguarding training on induction and all adults working within school receive at least, annual safeguarding training.
If a member of the public considers that there is an emergency situation, they should dial 999 for the Police.
Please see our policies section to download the Safeguarding against Radicalisation and Extremism document.
The Department for Education has commissioned the NSPCC to launch a new helpline called Report Abuse in Education. The helpline comes after numerous anonymised testimonials of sexual harassment and abuse in schools and colleges were shared to the Everyone’s Invited website.The newly launched helpline will provide support to:
- children and young people who want to share current and non-recent experiences of sexual abuse and harassment
- children and young people who want to talk about being involved in or witnessing any incidents
- anyone who works or volunteers in a school setting and needs support and guidance
- adults who have experienced non-recent abuse
- parents and carers who are concerned about their own child or other children.
The following link encloses information about Keeping Children Safe in Education: